I hope your holidays are going well. This can be a stressful time of year so please be safe and I hope we all make it through in good shape.
It was reported to me that we nearly had a fire at the club house. Some one had evidently used the first aid kit and left it on the propane heater where it melted into the grate and nearly caught fire. I can understand that having to use the first aid kit for administering first aid can be stressful and distracting. In an emergency, we have to remember to calm down and look around to make sure everything is safe before the emergency and after the emergency is over. Always take one last look before leaving the building to make sure that everything is in order. Always check the heaters, door locks, windows, light switches, wood stove if there is a fire going, walkways for ice, etc. Report any damage or anything out of order as soon as possible so it can be addressed.
Thank you for your consideration and have a Happy and Safe New Year.
President, Durham Rod and Gun Club